Apostilles, Authentications and Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage
Within Australia, DFAT state and territory or passport offices are authorised to provide services such as
- Issuing of Certificates of no Impediment to Marriage (CNI) (including witnessing the signature on the application form)
- legalisations of documents (Apostilles and Authentications)
Legalisation of Documents (authentications and Apostilles)
The law in most countries requires that a signature on a document be witnessed or other procedures applied before the document can be used for legal purposes or in a court of law. Solicitors, justices of the peace, and notaries public normally perform these functions in Australia, but the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) may also be authorised to do so.
For further information including fees and charges, refer to the Smartraveller page: Legalising documents.
Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage
DFAT cannot provide advice regarding other countries' specific requirements in order for a marriage to be legal in a particular country. For details of marriage requirements you should contact the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of the country in which you would like to marry for their advice. Refer to Smartraveller for further information regarding Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage including application forms: Legalising documents.
Processing and lodgement requirements
Over the counter
Tasmania State Office
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Level 1, 111 Macquarie Street
Hobart TAS 7000
9.00am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday
No appointment is necessary.
Through the mail
Through the mail
Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
GPO Box 9807
HOBART TAS 7001
The cost of returning your document by ordinary post is included in the fee. Please include a self-addressed Registered or Express Post envelope if you wish your document to be returned to you via either of these methods.
If you are overseas and wish to have your document returned by Express Courier International (ECI) (Australia Post) please include additional payment for postage. Postage rates can be calculated on the Australia Post website.
- In most cases, the processing turnaround time for documents can be processed in 24 hours (available for collection the next business day). We do not have a priority service. Where possible, we will aim to return your single page original government issued documents (ie Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates) to you on the same day when received over the counter. This is not always possible given resource constraints and workload.
- You can collect your document or have it posted to you. If you would like it posted registered or express mail or in a particular envelope, please provide the envelope at the time of lodgement or include payment for the Australia Post costs for Express Courier International (ECI).
- Please refer to our Smartraveller pages for information about document requirements: Legalising documents
- Documents for legalisation do not have to be presented in our offie by the person whose name is on the document.
- You can take your document to the state or city office where you reside (e.g. documents can be taken to the Melbourne office if more convenient).
How do I authenticate my fingerprint check?
If applying for an overseas police clearance you may be asked to have a fingerprint check authenticated by DFAT. Please note that this process may take extra processing time where we need to verify the police officer's signature.
DFAT cannot request a National Police Clearance Certificates or other documents on behalf of clients. Only the individual may obtain this information directly from the relevant state, territory or federal police force.
You may wish to enquire with the Australian Federal Police about obtaining a National Police Clearance Certificate
- Phone (03) 6238 4099 for authentications, apostilles or CNI enquiries you’ve posted through the mail. Passports enquiries cannot be answered through this phone line, phone the Australian Passport Information Service 131 232 to make enquiries or follow up on your application.
- Email email@example.com