The Cook Islands is a self-governing country in free association with New Zealand. It comprises 15 islands with a total land area of only 237square kilometres spread over two million square kilometres of ocean. It is located between its fellow Polynesian neighbours of Samoa and French Polynesia.
Economic and trade information
- Cook Islands country brief
- Cook Islands country/economy fact sheet [PDF 35 KB]
- Australia Pacific Islands Business Council
- Travel Advice for the Cook Islands
- Before you travel:
- Assistance to Australian travellers: Consular Services Charter
Heads of Government
Embassies and consulates
- Australia currently has no official representation in the Cook Islands.
- The Australian Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand is responsible for Australian affairs in the Cook Islands.
Contact details for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Pacific Islands Branch
R.G Casey Building
John McEwen Crescent
BARTON ACT 0221
Phone: +61 2 6261 1111
Fax: +61 2 6261 2332