|You are currently viewing: Contents > Performance Reporting > Outcome 2 > Performance information for Outcome 2|
Performance information for Outcome 2
- Effectiveness indicators-Overall achievement of the Outcome
- Outcome 2: Financial and staffing resources summary (Table 10)
Effectiveness indicators-Overall achievement of the Outcome
Indicators to assist in assessing the success of the department's achievement of this outcome are:
- Delivery of comprehensive, responsive, high-quality consular and passport services.
- Effectiveness of activities to improve awareness among Australian travellers of potential trouble spots and an understanding of the extent of assistance that the Australian Government can provide.
- Responsiveness to international crises or
natural disasters to help Australians affected by them.
| Top |
Outcome 2: Financial and staffing resources summary (Table 10)
Australians informed about and provided access to consular and passport services in Australia and overseas
|Budget[*] 2001-2002 ($'000)||Actual expenses 2001-2002 ($'000)||Variation (expenses less budget) ($'000)||Budget[**] 2002-2003 ($'000)|
|Emergency advances to Australian travellers||200||[Note 1] |
|Total administered expenses||200||0||(200)||200|
|Price of departmental outputs|
|Output 2.1-Consular and passport services||132 508||129 433||(3 075)||136 425|
|Revenue from government (appropriation) for departmental outputs||132 508||129 433||(3 075)||136 425|
|Revenue from other sources||7 068||7 948||880||6 699|
|Total price of departmental outputs||139 576||137 381||(2 195)||143 124|
|Total resourcing for Outcome 2 |
(Price of departmental outputs plus administered expenses)
|139 776||137 381||(2 395)||143 324|
* Full-year budget, including additional estimates.
** Budget prior to additional estimates.
1 Emergency advances consist of travellers' emergency loans, costs for repatriations and prisoner loans. Reporting on the administered item for Outcome 2 (see page 148) covers only travellers' emergency loans. All outstanding advances (receivables) are recorded in the department's Statement of Financial Position to assist ongoing recording and recovery of these debts.
|2001-2002 (Actual)||2002-2003 (Estimate)|
|Average staffing level (number)[*]||625.5||639.0|
*Includes overseas locally engaged staff.
| Top |
Send us feedback.