CAAR Strategic Plan 2013-15
In 2011-12, CAAR commissioned a review of its role to ensure it was relevant in the prevailing landscape of Australian- Arab engagement. The CAAR Strategic Plan is aimed at all Arab League countries from which countries and sectors will be chosen for particular focus from time to time to enable CAAR to achieve its stated Mission and Objectives.
CAAR is strategically placed to CREATE the conditions for productive partnerships and trade relationships and to PROMOTE cultural understanding and awareness for mutual value.
Initial Sector Priorities of CAAR are:
- Health Care
- Food Security
- Infrastructure and ETMs
- Resources and Energy
CAAR will achieve its strategic goals by allocating its resources to three key areas of activity:
STIMULATE opportunities to strengthen connections between government, business and community leaders in Australia and Arab countries through:
- Flagship programs focused on priority sectors;
- Originating flagship programs to promote Tertiary Education links;
- Leveraging industry groups; and
- Funding investigations that will allow development of targeted programs.
EXECUTE programs to increase mutual understanding and build bridges in Australia and the Arab world by:
- Proactively allocating grant funding to programs that address opportunities in priority countries and sectors; and
- Supporting activities that meet CAAR’s strategic objectives.
COMMUNICATE CAAR’s core objectives
- Promoting opportunities for Australian engagement with the Arab world; and
- Developing and promoting the CAAR brand.