DFAT is committed to delivering strong support for Australian business, working closely with Austrade, Tourism Australia EFIC, and other agencies. This page provides business with useful information, resources and updates.
- For information on trade and investment, visit the Trade and Investment page.
- For information on existing free trade agreements and current FTA negotiations, visit the Free Trade Agreements page
- For information on general economic and political conditions in overseas markets, visit our countries and regions page.
- For information on aid for trade, visit our Aid for Trade page.
- For information on the private sector development agenda of the Australian aid program, visit the Private Sector Development page.
What do DFAT and Austrade do to assist business
- Assist Australian business to identify and access new markets.
- Promote Australia's image as a reliable supplier of high value and sophisticated products and services.
- Advance the interests of business in trade negotiations and international economic forums.
- Inform business of international and domestic legal obligations, including on sanctions and bribery.
- Provide coordinated government assistance to attract and facilitate foreign direct investment into Australia.
Benefits of FTAs for Australian business
- Secure Australia's competitive position in overseas markets.
- Enhance commercial opportunities through eliminating or reducing barriers to trade and investment.
- Help Australian industry gain access to lower priced inputs.
Why work with DFAT on Australia's aid program
- Improve the business environment in developing countries.
- Strengthen markets and build partnerships with business in developing countries.
- Contribute to economic and human development outcomes.
The contact point for business in DFAT is email@example.com
Contacts for Austrade can be found at www.austrade.gov.au
For information about opportunities, tenders and grants, visit the Tenders and Grants page.