Pacific Sports Development Grants Successful Projects : 2009-2010
- Satapuala Sports Club: $ 5,000 – equipment and training for a village fitness program.
- Vaiala Beach School: $ 7,610 – school program to promote active participation in sport and better dietary habits among children and the wider community.
- SIPA United: $ 7,000 – support for a soccer tournament in Bellona encouraging female participation in the sport.
- Lavukal Primary Schools Sports Carnival: $ 3,820 – revival of an annual multi-school sports carnival to promote active participation in sport.
- Solomon Islands Cricket Association: $ 2,745 – coaching and development of school-based junior cricket competition.
North Vellalavella Constituency Sports Association: $ 5,000 – school and community-based multi-sport coaching and development program.
- Solomon Islands Tennis Federation: $ 10,000 – continuation and expansion of a junior tennis program encouraging physical activity and health promotion.
- Ewa/Anetan Auskick: $ 2,944 – Auskick program in Ewa and Anetan.
- Tonga Netball Association: $ 3,430 – delivery of a regional netball coach training program to increase female participation in the sport.
- Tongatapu Youth Congress: $ 6,033 – provision of equipment and training to develop a youth volleyball competition and physical and mental health workshops.
- AFL Tonga: $ 5,000 – Auskick program.
Federated States of Micronesia
- Kosrae Cultural Games –Kosrae Sports Council: $ 10,000 – provision of sports equipment and development of programs to promote healthy lifestyles in Kosrae.
- Kolonia Town Canoeing: $ 10,000 – establishment of a canoeing club encouraging physical activity, health promotion and traditional seafaring culture.
- Majuro School Community Basketball Court: $ 10,000 – refurbishment of school community basketball court.
Papua New Guinea
- Port Moresby Netball Association - Advanced training Clinic: $ 10,000 – establishment of a training clinic to improve the standard of netball coaching and umpiring in PNG and teaching basic health and nutrition among women.
- Port Moresby Netball Association - Training Gym: $ 10,000 – construction of a secure women’s gym and netball training centre.
- Basketball Federation of Papua New Guinea: $ 4,350 – establishment of a regional school-based basketball development.
- Vila East Centre School: $ 10,000 – construction of a multipurpose sports court and equipment for school sports and fitness programs.
- Central School: Yumi Plei Plei: $ 10,000 – delivery of a pilot sports education program with a particular focus on special needs children, and a national-wide sports educator workshop.
- Vanuatu Netball Association: $ 5,000 – continuation and expansion of a school and community-based national netball development program.
- Cricket Fiji: $ 7,000 – continuation and expansion of a regional school-based cricket development program.
- Basketball Fiji: $ 5,123 – continuation and expansion of a regional school-based basketball development program.
- Fiji Swimming: $ 5,342 – delivery of a regional swimming coach training program.
Total Grants Awarded
- AU$ 155,397
Notes: the 23 grants cover 8 countries