Australian Safeguards and Non-Proliferation Office Annual Report 2012-2013
This report complies with the formal reporting obligations of the Director General ASNO.
It also provides an overview of ASNO's role and performance in supporting nuclear safeguards and the non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
The report has five parts:
- report by the Director General ASNO on key developments in 2011–12 and a preview of the year ahead
- summary of current major issues
- functional overview of ASNO, including its operating environment and outcomesoutputs structure – the first outcome demonstrates accountability to Government; the second outlines public outreach and education
- report on ASNO's performance during 2011–12
- the key features of ASNO's corporate governance and the processes by which ASNO is directed, administered and held accountable.
Because ASNO is funded as a division of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), some mandatory annual report information for ASNO is incorporated in the DFAT Annual Report. This includes:
- financial statements
- corporate governance and accountability framework
- external scrutiny
- human resource management, including work health and safety
- asset management
- agency specific Social Inclusion strategies
- advertising and market research
- ecologically sustainable development and environmental performance.
A checklist of information included against annual report requirements is set out in the List of Requirements (page 111).
Produced by: Australian Safeguards and Non-Proliferation Office (ASNO)
Contact officer: Director General ASNO
Location: RG Casey Building, John McEwen Crescent
BARTON ACT 0221, Australia
Telephone: +61 (2) 6261 1920
Facsimile: +61 (2) 6261 1908
Media enquiries: +61 (2) 6261 1555
Home page: http://www.dfat.gov.au/asno
Annual Report: http://www.dfat.gov.au/asno/annual_reports.html
With the exception of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms and where otherwise noted (including photographs protected by copyright), this report is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia licence http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/.
The report should be attributed as the Australian Safeguards and Non-Proliferation Office Annual Report 2012–13.
Use of the Coat of Arms
The terms under which the Coat of Arms can be used are detailed on the It's an Honour website http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/coat-arms/index.cfm.