MISSION STATEMENT AND GOALS
To develop relations between Australia and Indonesia by promoting greater mutual understanding and by contributing to the enlargement over the longer term of the areas of contact and exchange between the people of Australia and Indonesia.
- To promote in each country increased exposure to the other through media, educational, cultural, sporting and professional activities.
- To create in Indonesia a nucleus of people with expertise in Australian affairs, especially current and future opinion leaders.
- To create within Australia a wider range of people with knowledge about Indonesia, especially current and future opinion makers.
- To portray Australia as culturally diverse, educationally, scientifically and technologically advanced and economically enterprising.
- To increase understanding of and to improve access for Australians to the cultural diversity of Indonesian society.
Annual Report 2001–2002 home | Mission statement and Goals | Chairmans message | Board membership | Programs | Funding application process | Art and sports | Australian studies | Civil society | Education and youth | Inter-faith | Media | Professions and institutions | Administrative overview | Appendix A: Financial statements | Appendix B: Order-in-Council