Funding Application Process Australian studies Commerce Education Indian studies Institutional and professional links Performing and visual arts Print and electronic media and film Public awareness Science and technology Sport
Funding application process
The AustraliaIndia Councils competitive funding application process enables the initiative and enthusiasm of a wide range of individuals and organisations to be encouraged and supported in furthering the Councils objectives of broadening and deepening the AustraliaIndia relationship. The funding application process has also helped to identify areas worthy of more systematic or long-term Council involvement.
The AIC funding application process is designed to provide seed funding for innovative projects that will continue to advance the aims and objectives of the Council beyond the term of Council funding, providing significant continuing benefits from what is often a modest initial outlay.
All applications are made using standard documents and are assessed by a standard appraisal procedure, helping to ensure consistency and equity in Council funding decisions.
The Council attaches a number of conditions to its funding, including that all applications be assessed against the following guidelines:
- individuals or organisations applying for funding should have a substantial record of achievement in the proposed field of activity
- the activity should be a worthwhile initiative with clearly-defined outcomes that will promote a broader and deeper relationship between Australia and India
- wherever possible, AIC funding should be accompanied by partnership support from other sources, whether funding or in-kind
- activities should preferably offer prospects of future independent activity following initial AIC funding
- provision should be made for publicity or promotion of the activity, including appropriate acknowledgment of Council support.
The Council generally meets three or four times each year to consider applications for AIC funding. It is the responsibility of funding applicants to ensure, by consultation with the AIC Secretariat, that applications are received by the Council at least four weeks prior to the Council meeting at which they are being considered.
A summary of the principal AIC-funded activities, both Council-initiated and in response to funding applications from individuals and other organisations working to advance the AustraliaIndia relationship, follows in respect of each Council funding program.