The Australia-China Council (ACC) is proud to support the 2011 Australia-China Youth Dialogue (ACYD) being held in Sydney and Canberra from the 10-14 October.
The Youth Dialogue aims to build understanding and relations between the next generation of Australian and Chinese leaders.
Presented by the Australia-China Youth Association (ACYA), in partnership with The China University Media Union (CUMU) and the All-China Youth Federation's 'Dialogue with the World' series, the 2011 Youth Dialogue will be guided by the theme 'China in Australia'.
Organisers of the Dialogue envision that gathering future leaders of China and Australia will build a solid foundation for an honest and respectful relationship between the two nations in an increasingly globalised and complex world.
Australian and Chinese delegates will be given unique insights and perspectives into some pertinent challenges faced by both nations in the coming decades through a prestigious line up of speakers that will include:
- Hon. Robert (Bob) Hawke AC, former Australian Prime Minister, 1983 - 1991
- The Hon Dr Craig Emerson, Australian Minister for Trade
- The Hon Bill O'Chee, first-ever Australian-Chinese federal politician
- Mr Dennis Richardson AO, Secretary to the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Dr Martin Parkinson PSM, Secretary to the Treasury
- Dr Geoff Raby, former Australian Ambassador to China, 2007 - 2011
- The Hon Justice Michael Kirby AC; former Judge of the High Court of Australia
- Professor Hugh White; Director of the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre, ANU
- Professor John Fitzgerald; Director, The Ford Foundation, Beijing
- Mr Danny Gilbert; Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Gilbert + Tobin Lawyers
- Mr Rowan Callick, Asia Pacific Editor, The Australian
The Dialogue is being held in Canberra from October 10-12 at the Australian National University (ANU), and in Sydney from October 13-14 at the Lowy Institute for International Policy and the Australia China Business Council.
For more information about the ACYD visit: www.acyd.org.au